Welcome
Welcome to <strong>suikogaidentranslation</strong>.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, <a href="/profile.php?mode=register">join our community today</a>!

Suikogaiden I: English Patch Download

Post translation revisions, questions, suggestions and the like here! :D

Suikogaiden I: English Patch Download

Postby RinUzuki » Fri Mar 22, 2013 12:26 pm

Suikogaiden I's fan-translated English patch is now available for download.

Thank you for your hard work over the past five years, everyone! Congratulations on a job well done. Play and enjoy! Feel free to leave thanks or comments in the feedback section of the forums, if you like.

I myself will probably be even more absent from the online translation scene than I have been, due to real life matters (hopefully ones that will improve my translating skills, though! ;) ) but even if I'm not able to be here very often, I know everyone will appreciate hearing such support if you'd like to give it. I gave a bit of a speech in the 'read me' file of the patch, but I just want to thank everyone here once again for their support over the years. I'm so very glad I got to meet you all--you lot made the kindest, most supportive, patient and understanding, not to mention incrediably helpful team anyone could have ever wished for. More than I ever dreamed of, that's for sure. So thank you all!

I'm sure there will be questions about Suikogaiden II: I believe we have 3/4ths of the translation complete, though I don't know for sure if all of it is up on the Wiki yet. The translation needs to be completed, double-checked, and all the technical work done. As I'm going abroad for several months, I'll have to bow out of any invlolvement for awhile, but the pieces are definitely there if someone is interested in picking them up and putting them together.

Thanks again to RLK and the others for carrying this project through it's entire second stage and for hosting the patch! Job well done. Time to get that HP and MP restored!

Best wishes for everyone's futures,
and let's all meet again some day!

--rin_uzuki
RinUzuki@gmail.com
March 22nd, 2013
RinUzuki
Site Admin

Re: Suikogaiden I: English Patch Download

Postby marwan » Fri Mar 22, 2013 11:34 pm

Thank you so much.
marwan

Postby altemecya » Sat Mar 23, 2013 12:06 am

I registering today at this forum just for saying how much i thanks you guys. Damn, it took 5years to finish those 900kb translation patch. I Admire youre struggle and effort, and I'm glad to see you all make it.

So, when do you guys starting the suikogaiden 2 translation project? I hope it didnt take another 5years to finish, LOL.

Anyway, thanks guys. Love U all, cheers!
altemecya

Postby lunairetic » Sat Mar 23, 2013 6:31 pm

Congratulation, I'm waiting for this moment. Thank You for your hardwork....
Kill all enemies..!!!
Kill who opposes us..!!!
Bring the justice back...!!!
lunairetic

Postby KC_MCDOHL » Sun Mar 24, 2013 6:31 am

Well done everyone!!! And thank you all so much!! :D
KC_MCDOHL

Postby emyouel » Sun Mar 24, 2013 8:21 am

Hard to believe , Well done :D
emyouel

Postby Fogell » Sun Mar 24, 2013 11:32 am

Wow, this is so amazing to be able to play Suikogaiden in english. All thanks to you, folks. I've been watching this project since the early days. I admire your willpower and commitment on finishing this huge project. I can imagine it wasn't easy and very time-consuming, but you pulled it through. You all can pride yourselfs in translating this awesome game, and for that you have my utmost respect. You are amazing.
While it saddens me to hear that RinUzuki won't be around for a while (I sure hope not forever - kinda reads like a farewell :(), the crew more than deserves a rest. If it wasn't for the huge distances, I'd throw a party for you :D.
I wished there was some way I could've helped out, but as you undoubtedly will notice, my english is far from perfect and I have no coding skills.
I hope that the project receives the attention it so well deserves, but know that no matter what, those who were following your project will be very grateful and know to fully appreciate it. And I think that counts for something.
So, big thanks to all of you and long live the Suikogaiden Translation Team!

All the best,
Fogell
Fogell

Postby RinUzuki » Sun Mar 24, 2013 11:38 am

Thank you for all your thanks, everyone, hope you all enjoy playing the game!

And to Fogell: don't worry, nothing can keep me from translating and especially scanslating! It's just that for some indeterminate amount of time, I'll probably be focusing on those things in real life, rather than on the webs. But I'll come back--Ramsus-kun Scanslations'll never truly die. ;D Slow scanslating snails forever!

It always amazes me to hear you guys say you've been around, watching this project for years. Makes me kinda proud too, haha.

And your words definitely do count for something!
We've got a party right here. :D
RinUzuki
Site Admin

Postby Likou » Sun Mar 24, 2013 2:48 pm

I registered only to say thanks. Really, I mean it. I just love Suikoden as one of my favorite games of all time and just can't express how excited I am to play this.
Likou

Postby Akai Shuichi » Mon Mar 25, 2013 12:17 pm

I also only registered to say thank you for your hard work.

While I never registered (or if I did, I don't even remember the username, mail and password I used at the time), I've been following this project since 2008 I believe. I cannot lie, I sometimes thought "this thing's never gonna be released), but I always kept checking the forum from time to time (I always try to check at least once a week). There was very little activity sometimes, but it is true that it was never dead, I always saw some people working on something from the patch.

When I first knew about the existance of this game, around 2005 I believe, the first thing I did was getting the game. It was really dissapointing to know that it was only in japanese. Of course, by that time, had already played Suikoden I and II (I believe III also). Really, you can't imagine, years later, how happy I was to find out about a translation project for Suikogaiden. I was like a little kid on christmas eve. I was incredibly happy, I had once surrendered to the idea that I would never get to play the game, and suddenly, I got hope back.

Now I'll be lucky enough to experience that unique Suikoden experience like something new again.... In 2013!!

I don't know if this sounds exaggerated, but it's an honest truth. In the end, there is nothing I enjoy more than playing a good videogame (including VNs), specially RPGs. Between those RPGs, Suikoden holds a very special place to me. It definitely wasn't my first RPG nor my first PSX RPG, but it was just way too good. I've probably never enjoyed so much with an RPG world. Suikoden world is just fantastic.

You guys have my deepest gratitude, and I'll keep lurking here in hopes to find Suikogaiden vol. 2 finished one day.
Akai Shuichi

Postby rxgntz » Tue Mar 26, 2013 7:19 am

Since January I've been checking the status of the final patching process, at least once a week.

A big surprise for me when I've opened today.
Tears almost flowed down my eyes, and I'm being serious about that. :wink:

I really thank you RinUzuki and all members who put their hearts in the completion of this project.
You have my eternal gratitude for this. :D
rxgntz

Postby Nilvarno » Fri Mar 29, 2013 1:02 am

THANK YOU SO MUCH! for your hardwork, for supporting this awesome dream called suikoden, thank you, nice work!!!!!!!!!!!
Nilvarno

Postby winds » Fri Mar 29, 2013 8:14 pm

WOW! Incredible that this is finally complete :D My most thanks I can ever give for this project and all those that contributed in any way. I too, have been following this project since it's creation, just eagerly anticipating it's release. Now that it's finally finished, I almost can't believe it!
Anyways, enough talking and onto playing the game :D. I have to burn this to a disc and play it on the original playstation, only way to enjoy it :D.

Now... onto the suikogaiden II translation *brings out the whip* hahaha joking. I do hope some of you (after a well deserved break) take up the candle of the already amazing work done on that project.
winds

Postby Granfalloon » Sat Mar 30, 2013 1:30 pm

You guys are amazing. You're legendary in my eyes for the work you put into this, thank you.
Granfalloon

Postby Worf » Sun Mar 31, 2013 3:29 am

This...is...AWESOME! I've been waiting years and years for this! You guys are absolutely incredible!
Worf

Next

Return to Suikogaiden Translation